Monday, February 8, 2010

Hey, I Have A Great Idea

... I'll start a blog and then forget to update it for MONTHS. Oh, wait...

Ha! Anyways- it has been quite a while. So, a recap:

October- Birthdays!
We didnt do much for ours, K had a couple of friends over for a haunted house night. I took three girls and one very lucky boy to a few haunted houses, bought them pizza, etc. I think she had a good time.
We were waiting, waiting, waiting for the house sale stuff to come through.

November- Thanksgiving!
Ike celebrated his birthday- since his is in August and we had just moved, we wanted to give him some time to make a few new friends before his party. I thought for sure he'd want a big blow out, but he just wanted me to take him and his friends to the movies. I dropped them off, and sat way up above them. What?! He's only 10!! ;) I cant NOT keep an eye on him!
Thanksgiving was a trip back home. And awesome. We very, very rarely travel in the winter due to road conditions and crazy holiday travelers. But, the stars were aligned I guess- we had perfect roads BOTH ways. And it was WONDERFUL to get to be with my family on Thanksgiving. The big family gathering on Thanksgiving is a cherished childhood memory. I was thrilled to get to share a bit of that with the kids.

December- was a blur~
Work was CRAZY busy and all the days in this month mesh together for me.
As far as Christmas-ish stuff goes... we made sure to hit Fantasy Lights, as always. We managed to get the tree up well before Christmas this year (as opposed to my normal WEEK before decorating frenzy).
Christmas Eve we went up to Aunt Ellens house and I was happy to suprise her with some long lost pictures from her childhood. It was a gift for her, but so much more for me to get to see the joy on her face. Christmas Day was great.
I ADORE being with family, but sometimes our quiet Christmas Days are just what we need. We did stockings and presents and then a sort of brunch of left over pizza (Oh! So not traditional!) before heading out to the movies. We saw Avatar- wow, it was really cool. We got home so late that we scratched the ham we had planned and had (cringe) more left over pizza!

Guess what happened that was awesome in December? We signed papers on the house on December 31. Happy New Year to us! Finally! Can I get a "yay-for-shaun-and-jen!" Thanks!

New Years was a blast! We had a house full of friends and the kids played their guts out. Shaun went all out with Sushi and all kinds of other goodies. One friend brought poppers for all the kids, now they want to have her over to play every weekend! :)

January tripped on by without too much hassle or craziness. Well, except for a few parenting challenges. I tell you, I have a new respect for my parents... especially concerning my teen age years. But, all we can do is our best. And so we move on.

February is here and its gonna be great! My mom and sisters came over for a baby shower for little Quentin James Curry this weekend. It was really terrific to get to spend time together. I put together a fantastic Seattle-on-a-budget type tour and we had a fabulous time.
The superbowl was today- we spent it with another family and had a good time. They had a little 3 year old girl and man, those little kids can really move. Its a wonder I got any rest at all back when the boys were little! But, you know what? I miss those days. Those cuddly little baby faces- all those squishy little hugs and the constant exploration: "momma, look!" every five seconds. Time goes so fast.

In fact, time goes so fast that I've recapped the last 4 months in just this little blog entry!

Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment