Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Week Ago/ Rockstar

A week ago, I was in Kellogg.

And right about now I was getting to my Sarahs house, slightly nervous to see my old friends. I had just stopped at the Gondolier to use the bathroom and buy a drink- brushed my hair, touched up my mascara... just in case everyone was standing outside when I got there.

I pull up, sit for just a moment. Deep breath... ok, I'm going in. My internal monologue (aka IM) was in OT:

"Ohmygosh, I cant do this. Yes you can. Oh man, what if its wierd? It wont be. What if I look silly or say something ridiculous? You dont, and of course you will. hahaha" (Its ok, I can laugh at myself)

So, here I am- worried. But I get to the gate and here comes Alex. My long lost albino snow monkey best gay guy friend from high school. Yay! A hello, a big hug and all previous thoughts are out the window. We go in and everything is JUST like it used to be. Just relaxed and happy. (IM- see, told you it would be fine. Shush).

We hang out for a bit. I cant help myself and tell the most ridiculous of jokes (hee hee) and then we take off for up town. We took the short cut and went right up to Dirty Ernies. Right off the bat, we had to hit the bar. What?! A double vodka cran just makes these socail events easier! (IM- alki. You shush- I dont do this often.)

So some people, did some visiting... Sarah had to leave... Alex and I stayed and talked. And talked, and talked and talked. I cannot remember the last time I talked with someone like that. And you know what was awesome? No judgement. I told him my deepest darkest secrets, and he didnt bat an eye. All week long, Ive been remember this and that thinking "Oh god, did I REALLY say that outloud?!" Turns out, I did.

If I had shared all that with someone I know and see all the time, I'd be so worried. By now, I would have spent many hours going over my conversations thinking "Do I need to call them and apologize for my honesty? Did I say too much and embarrass myself?" But, with old friends (even ones I dont see often), I feel like I dont have to worry. They have seen me in a marching band uniform for Petes sake. How much worse could it be?

Last weekend was so great. This weekend has been busy so far. Babysat little BBQ last night, lots of baby cuddles to make my heart melt. Today was Jam Fest, at work, so I mostly visited my afternooon away and got to listen to some good music. Tomorrow, lunch with friends. And then, the CHAOS BEGINS.

Hailee is coming over for Lady Gaga... my inlaws (including Chips Gramma) are coming over the same weekend for a game and Ikes birthday... Seattle sight seeing... back to Kellogg for wedding stuff... a trip to Lewiston to see more family... back to Kellogg for more wedding stuff.. wedding.. party... back home. Work, work, work... labor day weekend... get ready for school... school...Brad Paisley... and then? Breathe!

My new addiction is the blue can of zero carb Rockstar. Sound like I'm gonna need to mainline it in the near future.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment