Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stupid Pink Shirt

You ever wake up in the morning, yawn, stretch and think "this is gonna be a good day!"? That was me around 6:30... then I went back to sleep for a couple hours. That was me around 8:30 too! But not for long.

I woke up to the sound of my husband hammering and sawing away in the garage. This was not unwelcome at all, because he's an early riser and he likes "making stuff", so I know he was enjoying his time. Ike and Kayla were sleeping, I could hear Jake watching cartoons downstairs. I decided I'd bring my hubby a cup of coffee, so I got up and dressed. Threw on some exercise pants and an old pink tshirt, pony tail and glasses.

Made the coffee, went outside to chat... sun was shining, birds were chirping. All good in the hood. Then, I sat down on the step and was suddenly aware of my tummy hanging out and it made me feel instant disgust.

Instant disgust, instant disappointment, instantly my good mood was gone and I hate being me.

I cant seem to suck it in, cover it up, paste a smile over it and pretend I'm happy today. So, I went for a drive, buried my nose in a book... about to take a bath and hope to wash away my self loathing.

Ive got plans to laugh my ass off tonight and I cannot let this ugly pink shirt and ratty sweat pants ruin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment