Saturday, November 9, 2013

Goal Time

So, my doctor and I never really talked about goals... at all. I guess I need a few. I have some things I'd like to accomplish, not all are weight milestones though.

My highest weight was 272 - BMI 50
Starting weight (as of 9/22) was 267 - BMI 48.9
Surgery date weight was 257 - BMI 45.5
Current weight 228 - BMI 40.4
So far, that's a 39 since start weight and 29 since surgery. (See why I wanted that 227? I like round numbers).

In any case, one of my goals is to get out of the "morbidly obese" category. In order to do that, I need to have a BMI of less than 40, which is just a few pounds away at 225. That is totally do-able.

The next BMI category is to go from obese to just plain overweight. To hit that mark, I need to weigh 165. To transition from overweight to normal, I would need to weigh 140. I guess that would be my high end, ultimate goal. That's 88 lbs from now. A month ago, I would have said "inconceivable!" (in my Princess Bride bad guy voice). But now, seeing the progress Ive already made... maybe not?

So, I guess the lifetime goal is 140. But my in between now and then goals are the ones I can focus on and celebrate along the way. Here are my weight goals:

Goal 1 - under 250
Goal 2 - under 230
Goal 3 - 225 (out of morbidly obese!)
Goal 4 - 213, 20% of my start weight
Goal 5 - 199, which is also 25% of my start weight!! I was last here in 2002
Goal 6 - 170 - my drivers license still has the weight I gave when I moved to Washington in 2000, which was a lie even then... I think I actually weighed around 180 to 185.
Goal 7 - 165 - Wedding weight, 1998 (overweight BMI!)
Goal 8 - 150 - Moved to Montana weight, 1996
Goal 9 - 140 - College weight, 1995 (normal BMI!)
Goal 10 - 135 - High school weight, 1994

There are a ton of NSV's along the way... that list is huge. But here are a few:

Crossing my legs
To wear an XL shirt and 18 pants, I felt good when I was those sizes - way back around 1998-99. I was with Shaun, but I knew that other people found me attractive. Plus, I was old enough to feel "sexy". It was a good age.
To not feel worried about getting on a carnival ride
No extender on an airplane seatbelt
Sit comfortably in a movie chair without anything hanging over or without crossing my arms
Bend over to tie my shoes, with my knee bent at a normal angle
Try on my wedding dress
Borrow one of my daughters shirts
Wear cute boots

I think this list could go on and on.
But, there we go. Now, I have some goals. Looks like I've got a few pounds to go to his goal 3, and then a ways to goal 4.

I'll be sure to be referencing this entry as I go along, as I'm forgetful and it will be nice to see what I was thinking at the (near) beginning of this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment