Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hi, My name is Jen and I'm addicted to VSG groups on Facebook.

The other day I decided to look for a couple of sleeve groups to join, maybe find a little support out there on the web... Found some, read some... cannot stop.

Seriously. Cannot. Stop.

Its just this big mish mash of people saying thinks like "did this happen to you?", "what do you do when...", "have you ever noticed that..."

I just feel compelled to see what other people are doing, and compare it to my self. Its endlessly engrossing. Its good and bad though, because not everyone is in the same situation as myself. Some people have lots 100lbs, some people still weigh 350.... some people are at their goal weight and every single persons doctor has told them something different to do.

It is the kind of thing that could be dangerous for me, in an obsession sort of way. I can see myself thinking I need to do all of these things that work for a million different people and then screwing them up and just ruining my own efforts. So, I'm going to have to make a real effort to reel it in. :)

On another topic, I think I need to start seeing a doctor. I feel crazy half the time. All of the sudden, everything has changed in my life and as much as I like change, I feel out of control. And that is something I do NOT like.

I take an anti depressant/anxiety medicine every day, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Twice, I've had to take Lorazepam to calm myself down when I've reached the point of no return. A lot of it is arguments with or between or about the kids, part of it is based on insecurities I have about my relationship. Some of it is financial or work related... but it all piles up into a huge crazy ball that I cant stop once it gets rolling.
I read somewhere that your hormones are wacky during this fast paced weight loss. Something about fat cells releasing hormones... I'm not sure, but I'm starting to wonder if there is something to this.

We will see how it goes, I suppose. Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment