Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 5, Goal ONE Met!

I started the liquid diet at 267
I went in for surgery at 257
4 days after surgery at 250
5th day, 246.8

Today, 5 days after surgery, I have met my first goal of being under 250 lbs!
My meals have been less mealtimes and more just sipping of liquids throughout the day. Yesterday, I did 5 runs of 10 oz, and a few in there were broth and diluted white grape juice. Also, a popsicle or two for good measure. I am not hungry and really have to work at continuing to drink because I'm also not thirsty.

The pain is bearable, I am going 6 or 8 hours between Vicodin doses. I was supposed to have oxycodone for pain management and Vicodin for breakthrough pain, but I'm allergic to oxy - aka Percocet. So with that consideration, I guess I'm handling the pain pretty well.

The incisions are all good - except one that is a little more painful than the others. Its the one right where the waist band of my pants hit, it is the most sore when I stand up. I'm going to be glad when I can take the clear steri strip covers off and clean up the wounds a little because they look crusty.

Decided to go to Costco yesterday - felt pretty good on the way there but started to feel a little woozy about half way through... I don't know if it was the level of activity or that I took all of my pills in one big gulp that made me so sick to my stomach. But, I'll tell you, I wont be doing that again! Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Today my goal is to drink 100% of the water goal, get in several walks and actually intake some protein. I have lost over 10 lbs since surgery, I have black circles under my eyes and I look very tired. Sleep is not the easiest, because it hurts to turn over. I think I can actually feel my organs moving about, settling in with their new space. Its very strange.

Well, who knows if anyone reads this. But, either way, I'm going to try and keep a little bit of a record of how Im feeling and where I am with the progress for anyone who may be following along.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment