Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One, two, skip a few... 267, 229

So, its been a while since my last entry - for good reason.
The next morning, I woke up with a rash of hives all over my legs and stomach. Went to the doctor, they said take Benadryl. Ended up with no improvement, which was surprising. BUT, about midnight that night, I realized that in my haste, I had taken the whole tablets. Which would have passed through to quickly with this new sleeve. So, I cracked a couple open and went to bed.

Woke up, worse. Went to my real doctor. He gave another antihistamine and steroids. Took them, saw improvement! Went to bed, by the next evening, I was not only covered in hives again but they were super deep and extremely painful! Went to the ER. Got MORE steroids and an epi shot, hives receded.. went home.

Went to my surgery doc for a follow up appointment... I was worried that it was something with surgery. But, he said it was likely not - probably just medical and to keep following up with my doctor. On the way home, I noticed my lip was a little swollen. By that night, I looked a little on the Angelina side of lips. The next morning, Mama Elsa! And within an hour, the kid from Mask.

Back to the hospital, where they freaked out appropriately and admitted me. I stayed a night, they sent me home. My parents came, things were looking good. And then Sunday, BAM: covered head to toe in welts again. Back to the hospital, admitted for a few days. In a dungeon, I'm pretty sure.
They let me out in time to see an allergist, who basically said: we'll never know.

So, since my last post... I have managed to get to 229, even though I was in and out of the hospital and have been hopped up on steroids for the better part of 2 weeks.

Foods have stayed pretty much the same... just varying stages of soft stuff with a few extra, extra chewed things thrown in for good measure. Last weekend I was feeling really brave, and REALLY hungry and I thought I would die if I didn't have beef of some kind. We went to Applebee's, where I had Shaun cut me a bite of his steak and then cut it six more times. I took the tiniest bites, chewed like crazy and it was delicious. That, plus a 3 bites of soup and 2 green beans. It felt like a gourmet meal.

I went back to work on Monday - that was fun. Truly. Actually fun. It was amazing to hear all the positivity. I tried really hard to plan meals and all was well except that I was super tired when I came home.

Tuesday, I totally crashed. I don't know why, but the same foods I ate happily on Monday made me sick with disgust on Tuesday. I had half an egg when I left the house, half a yogurt later... the other half an egg a little later and then at lunch I tried to eat some cottage cheese. I just felt so ... low, so weak, so queasy. I thought I needed sugar or something so I bought some crackers... they went down way too quickly and then, yep. Sick.

I SO did not want to be a puker at work.. so I hid in the upstairs bathroom waiting for the moment to come. It never did, so I decided to head home.

Today was much better. I think that even with this surgery, I'm still going to be a person who needs a little bit of carb in the morning. I guess  we will see how tomorrow goes.

On the weight note, I couldn't be more pleased to see that number. 250 was my first big goal, this was my second. Its the weight I was when we were in Sequim, a time that changed my life and I feel like now that I'm there again I can move past the shit that happened starting there. Like, a reset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment